- Traditional round bottom for exclusive use with asian-style stovetop or wok ring
- 1.8mm carbon steel gauge is stronger, lighter, and thinner than most traditional compositions
- Uncoated surface develops unique seasoning over time with use and care
- Solid birch wood handle (plus helper handle) can be removed for oven use
- Handwash soon after use, wiping up any moisture to keep this wok a long time
- Dimensions: 14 inches round
This wok can be a bit of a project (and we welcome any kind of a project these days tbh), since every time you cook with its uncoated carbon steel, you’re adding something to it. You’re helping to evolve this traditional round-bottom wok by developing a unique seasoning (or patina) that coats the surface with each and every meal. No seasoning will age in quite the same way, nor will any carbon steel surface darken at the exact same rate or pattern. Though typically, within a few months of sizzling up stir fry, the carbon steel will turn black, like a cast iron pan. Sure, like any project, this wok will require a bit more effort. But it’ll worth it, especially as it returns meals packed with complex umami flavors seared into meats and charred into veggies. And that effort? It’s pretty straightforward. Just be sure to clean up soon after cooking (this is not a pan to soak overnight), wipe away any leftover moisture (we like to throw the wok back over a flame for a hot minute), and then finish by working generous dabs of vegetable or castor oil over the surfaces. Your wok will soak up all that love and attention, thanking you with years of delicious dedication.