- Time-tested method for creating restaurant-style dishes at home, including dumplings, veggies, and fish
- Three tiers to cook several dishes or servings at a time
- So simple to use: place in a pan of water and heat
- Made with traditional bamboo, which is also a renewable resource
- Handwash for best results
- Dimensions: 6.00 in L x 6.00 in W x 5.50 in H
- Made in Taiwan
A set of bamboo steamer baskets could revolutionize your kitchen. Surely, you scoff, that’s impossible. How could a piece of classic cookware that’s thousands of years old revolutionize a 21st-century kitchen? For one, steam. For two, the benefits of steam, which happens to be a healthy, speedy, tidy, and super versatile cooking medium. Still not a believer? Try this 6-inch set of bamboo steamer baskets by Joyce Chen. They’re a good starter kit—a proof of concept, if you will. So simple to use, all you need is some water to steam at the bottom of a pan (ok, the sloped edges of a wok are technically best, but any pan will get you cooking). Next, start filling your baskets. The denser, slower-cooking foods (think potatoes) should line the first tier, while more delicate veggies (we see you asparagus) and proteins (any fish) should be stacked onto a top tier. For easier cleanup, line the baskets with some parchment paper, then just wipe down any leftover bits.