- Flat bottom and extended cooking surface for evenly heated sizzles and sears
- Nonstick Xylan coating for grease-free cooking and quick cleanup
- Two sturdy birch handles assist in launching dramatic stirs, tosses, and flips
- 1.5mm carbon steel gauge is lighter and more maneaverable than traditional materials
- Hand wash for best results
- Dimensions: 14 inches round
This Classic Series wok by Joyce Chen blends the best of the old and the new. The tapered edges give it the authentic shape hallmark to wok cuisine for centuries. But the flat bottom and nonstick coated carbon steel composition boosts its performance, durability, and convenience into the 21st century. Expect complex, satisfying umami flavors found in the best traditional stir fry—just don’t expect a fussy cleanup or an extra step to season this wok, like you would for some pro-level woks. This Joyce Chen design is an accessible piece of practical cookware, though the solid birch handles do make this quite the statement piece in any kitchen. And those same handles are also a cinch to take off, making this wok oven safe for simmering dishes till dinner time.